The Australasian Chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (ACIGS) is excited to share a wide range of awards and opportunities that are available to students.
Geosynthetics are one of the most rapidly growing areas of the civil and environmental engineering professions. For students, this means great job prospects and career opportunities. Our organization is seeking to connect with these students to help them realize these opportunities. We recognize that the students of today will be the ones solving the industry challenges of tomorrow.
Below is a short list of the opportunities for students to get involved right away.
- Free ACIGS Student Membership – It costs students nothing to join our organization. In return you get access to a worldwide network of professionals, two journals, reduced cost of seminar attendance & other benefits – all at no charge. Reach out to us if you would like to join.
- Paid Summer Undergraduate Research Project – Apply to participate in a paid research project with a duration of up to 10 weeks. The opportunity comes with the guidance of an academic supervisor and an industry supervisor. Ask for more info about how to apply and eligibility details.
- The IGS Student Award $1,000 USD – The Australian chapter is responsible for nominating students from our region for a grant of $1,000USD for travel to the GeoAsia7 conference in Taiwan next year. Abstract submission for this conference has been extended. Ask us how you can enter to win.
- Meet the Professionals Networking Events – We are frequenlty hosting networking events across Australia, where possible, which will allow students to meet with professionals’ various parts of our industry. Drinks and canapes provided so be on the lookout for an event coming to a city near you.
- ACIGS Photo Competition – Are you handy with a smartphone camera? Our Chapter is hosting a photo competition available to the public at large. We have made a special category for people under 36 year of age making it especially rewarding for student participants. Prized totaling $1,400 AUD in value will be awarded.