ACIGS is not only committed to collecting and disseminating knowledge on all matters relevant to geotextiles, geomembranes and related products but also to supporting students and our young members. To that end, we are pleased to now offer undergraduate students in Australia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea the opportunity to undertake a Summer Project funded by ACIGS.
Over a course of up to 10 weeks, we will fund a student work experience project. With the support of an academic supervisor, projects typically provide course or work experience credit towards the student’s degree.
ACIGS will also provide an industry supervisor to be involved throughout the project. This will provide the student with invaluable one-on-one mentoring and skills that will greatly improve his or her career prospects.
ACIGS will pay an agreed weekly payment up to a total of 10 weeks to the student based on an agreement between ACIGS and the university.
Up to three students each year will be selected from each region to participate.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Be currently studying Civil or Environmental engineering full time at a recognized university in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea or the Pacific.
- Write a 400 to 500-word abstract on one subject related to geosynthetics in consultation with an academic supervisor from your university.
- Your academic supervisor must review and approve the abstract prior to submission to ACIGS.
- Complete the application form our website (click the button below)
- Provide your unofficial academic transcription.
Submit your application below by November 30th to be considered for this years program.
Corporate Members who are interested in becoming an industry sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our past program participants feedback -
“I have learnt a lot, not only in the field of geosynthetics but I believe I have also developed my communication skills as well as my confidence level”
Annagrace Anis - 2021 Program Participant
Papua New Guinea University of Technology
“it was a 10 week paid internship which was very beneficial for me…through this internship I got many contacts through which I can grow my network”
Naren Loganathan - 2021 Program Participant
“I’ve made plenty of connections that will help me our for my future career”
Jack Roache - 2021 Program Participant
University of Queensland